Saturday 8 March 2008

My life in boxes

.


Ok, so I haven't packed the furniture up, but it's surprising into how small a corner all my worldly possessions can be packed.

I imagine that on my return I will not have missed quite a lot of these things, and the car boot sale/ charity shop will beckon, but there are a couple of things that I will really miss. These include pretty dresses and shoes (although I have managed to smuggle one light weight dress and a pair of heels into my hand luggage!), my special bag, a suitcase full of photographs, and my reference books (including the brilliant Virgin Film Guide Vol 8, of which I have never grown tired).

There are also a few things that I have assigned to people, should I not return for whatever reason. This is not comprehensive, or favouritist, but just a few things that I know should belong to certain people if they do not belong to me. It does not mean that I don't love anyone not on the list (Helen S, for example), but rather that there just happened to be a few items of 'stuff' that had a natural match.

In no particular order:
  • The Handbag (those who know me know which one) fits Julia. It just does.
  • The goat table is Stuart's.
  • The orange sheep skin rug would look very styish at Maxine L's.
  • The stripy dancing dress looks best on Becca, and the Nutcracker on vinyl goes with it.
  • My sister Helen can help herself to any of my shoes and clothes, and all the rest can be divided between those who want them and Oxfam.
  • Lawrence might like some of my books.
  • Rachel will provide a good home for Claude (the Cheshire Cat).
  • My jam and button collection can live at the Culshaw's!

It's not much, is it? But they are my nice things, and I want to make sure they end up in the right place. If anyone has any requests, let me know, but just wait until I don't come back before making your claim, will you?

I am planning on coming back, just so you know.

Today's mood - philosophically practical.

No comments: